permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [GWL] Looking for experts in water-efficient landscape design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Muhl <dmuhl65@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [GWL] Looking for experts in water-efficient landscape design
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:11:47 -0800 (PST)

Linda,

Another resource (other than Brad's book) specific to rain gardens is the
aptly titled "Rain Gardens:..." by Nigel Dunnett and Andy Clayden. Note that
both books will cover information and design solutions which in many
instances were developed for larger scale projects than the typical suburban
homeowner lot. However, a creative designer can sometimes borrow ideas that
were developed for larger scale installations (commercial, public works,
etc.) and downscale them to work in these smaller settings (perhaps even to
accomplish a different goal).

Many other books or online papers/articles could be sourced as well.

All the best,

David