permaculture - [permaculture] Svar: Re: Svar: Fwd: Re: no dig gardening

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Thomas Paul Jahn" <tpj@life.ku.dk>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Svar: Re: Svar: Fwd: Re: no dig gardening
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:52:54 +0100

Yes, "The one straw revolution" is available through Amazon, also in Europe.
I have actually bought it 7 times. Only one left in my hands right now,
keeping my copies circulating. So it was not in disrespect to Larry Korn's
work. At the contrary, I highly appreciate his contribution.

"The natural way of farming" translated from Frederic P. Metreaud is not on
stock any longer. When you download it from this link, it is your
personalized reproduction made by the Soil and health library and is
protected from printing and copy / paste.

On 1/26/2011 11:07 AM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

> As for this one:
> "The One-Straw Revolution, by Masanobu Fukuoka, 1978"
>
> Is this a pdf of the original edition and isn't that also now in some
> free public archives like Soil & Health Library and Google Books? Yes?
> No? Anyone know about this?

It is still in print so falls under copyright laws:
http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/01aglibwelcome.html
Fukuoka, M. One Straw Revolution: The Natural Way of Farming. Emmaus,
Pennsylvania: Rodalel Press, 1978.

This book was available through Soil and Health Library for several
years but in July, 2009, it was brought back into print by the New York
Review of Books Classics (publishing company) Avialable now in N.
America through all the usual retail outlets. Too bad most folks in the
rest of the planet probably won't be able to access this book any
longer. OUT OF PRINT.

<>
I have the original hardcover edition but would like to purchase the
paperback also. Can anyone tell me which of the following editions would
be best to have, the 6/1/2009 PB or the 3/1985 PB Unabridged?
<>

AMAZON.COM:

The One-Straw Revolution: An Introduction to Natural Farming [Hardcover]
Masanobu Fukuoka (Author), Larry Korn (Introduction), Wendell Berry
(Foreword)
http://www.amazon.com/One-Straw-Revolution-Introduction-Natural-Farming/dp/0878572201

Formats
Amazon Price New from Used from
Expand Collapse Hardcover -- $73.98 $15.00

Hardcover
Available from these sellers.
Publisher: Rodale Press
Published: 1978
Hardcover, 1978 -- -- $18.63
See # more hardcovers
Show fewer hardcovers
Expand Collapse Paperback $10.50 $7.14 $6.99

Paperback
$10.85
In Stock.
Publisher: NYRB Classics
Published: June 2, 2009
Paperback, June 2, 2009 $10.85 $9.10 $9.37

Paperback, Unabridged
Available from these sellers.
Publisher: Bantam Books
Published: March 1985
Paperback, Unabridged -- $110.85 $7.75
See # more paperbacks
Show fewer paperbacks
Expand Collapse Unknown Binding -- -- --

Unknown Binding
Publisher: Rodale Press
Published: 1978
Unknown Binding, 1978 -- -- --
Read the public message archives here:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture
Command to put in your browser's Google search box to search these archives:
site:lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture [search string (omit the
brackets)]
List Usage & Guidelines:
http://ibiblio.org/permaculture/documents/permaculturelistguide.faq
Permaculture http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture