permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Further Keyline/Yeoman's Plow References

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Further Keyline/Yeoman's Plow References
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:01:05 -0500

On 1/18/2011 9:14 PM, Darren Doherty wrote:
G'day,

I think that if you are going to buy a plow then I would talk to the Yeomans
Plow Company or in the US a dealer in either Royal Purdy
<http://www.ahtuttle.com/html/index.php>(NY) or Market Farm (PA). You can
either make your own frames or buy one made by Yeomans.

Or order one custom made by Roll-A-Cone. Sturdiness Overkill. Cat #2 hitch is mandatory and adequate for the max number of Yeomans Plows you can pull with a 70hp tractor.
Or order one from Market Farm Implement fabricated by a subcontractor in their area.
The Roll-A-Cone option is the cheapest. And ou can add wheels if you must have them for dept control.

Our Photolog<http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz> has perhaps the
most extensive Keyline and Yeomans Keyline Plow library on the web, though
the additions that Owen has suggested are excellent and worth recommending.

Don't miss this gallery!
Darren J. Doherty > Keyline Plow_Horticulture
http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz/KeylinePlow_Horticulture#

Market Farm Implement
257 Fawn Hollow Road
Friedens, Pa. 15541
Phone: (814)-443-1931
http://www.marketfarm.com

They have carried a full line of Yeomans plows, accessories and parts
for years and still do and are knowledgeable about this implement.
I have done business with them for years and highly recommend them as a
source for Yeomans Plows.

I mounted my three 26" shank Yeomans plows on a single 4" toolbar with
category #2 hitch, required by any tractor above 65hp.
I had my toolbar made up from off the shelf components provided and
fabricated by Roll-A-Cone Mfg. in Tulia Texas:
http://www.roll-a-cone.com/
Theeir work is top quality and prices are fair; shipping over long
distances is easy and affordable. This is the perfect affordable no frills
toolbar for a Yeomans. If you need wheels on the sides to control depth of
penetration they can equip your unit with them, also affordably. Mine is 8'
wide and I pulled it with a John Deere 3020 70hp diesel tractor (one of the
best machines JD ever made).

I was using it to rip 48' wide raised garden beds; you can see the YP
spacing in the following pix:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dirt.4arm/TractorEquipment#5280262928409174386

http://picasaweb.google.com/dirt.4arm/TractorEquipment#5280262995374938002

..and in the field at work: