permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture list serve invitation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture list serve invitation
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 02:11:49 -0500

From: anothermoron@aol.com Sent: Tuesday,
December 14, 2010 11:25 PM
Followup re permaculture list serve
to prevent my posting an url so members could read Seed
Saver's Exchange's side of the Kent Whealy story, so I contacted some
of the list members directly, to tell them that and give them the

You know, I grow vegetables for market, sustainably, permaculturally. I depended on what used to be SSE. My beginnings in the world of natural agriculture coincided with Kent Whealy's SSE. People like me thought we could count on such a magnificent seed resource for many decades to come. But not so, as it was stolen from Kent by slimy corporate ag surrogates through a hostile internal coup by all the wrong folks on the SSE board of directors. There aren't but just so many grassroots seed preservation organizations that serve the sustainable farming community. When one of the larger ones gets stolen, coopted and put under the control of conventional, chemical, gmo-biotech agribusiness, that represents a great loss for our country's small farmers preserving traditional natural farming methods who need reliable sources of open pollinated heirloom seeds.