permaculture - [permaculture] Gasland DVD, fracking for gas, North Carolina is at risk too it seems, Halliburton loophole and more...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Gasland DVD, fracking for gas, North Carolina is at risk too it seems, Halliburton loophole and more...
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:49:25 -0500

Attention environmentally-aware and concerned folks:
----------------------------------------------------\

Found this posted to another list:

"I spent a quite night at a beautiful church watching the Gasland DVD on Monday night. A DVD put out by an ordinary person who thought,
there is something wrong here. It was a night that soon filled me with
horror because I had no idea what a bigger problem the gas drilling was
and what they had done and are doing to people who trusted.

I learned that it is illegal now to drill horizontally or to inject
fluids in the state of NC, but WHAT I suspected turned out to be true,
the energy industry is seeking to buy leases in our state and will
overturn these protections we have.

I learned something that I already knew THAT THE ENERGY BILL PASSED IN
2006 tied EPAs hands because it EXEMPTED GAS DRILLING FROM THE SOWAJ AND
EXEMPTS COMPANIES FROM DISCLOSING THE CHEMICALS USED DURING FRACKING.
Interesting that it is known as the Haliburton loophole....

It all comes down to toxic chemicals being dumped in our water and our
air as well as ON us.

I learned that leases are already being signed. I learned that the
people being approached now are only being offered a pittance of what
other rural people in other states are getting for their water and land
to be dumped on.

I urged all to get your wells checked NOW by a private lab for a base line.

I urge people to google: PA town with gas drilling problems. This is
happening now and will let you know what to expect here.

To the problem of what is going on above us......after watching Gasland
and the tons of toxic chemical waste products that it produce.......where is it going? What is being done with it."

  • [permaculture] Gasland DVD, fracking for gas, North Carolina is at risk too it seems, Halliburton loophole and more..., Lawrence F. London, Jr., 12/15/2010