permaculture - [permaculture] Greenpeace Sues Chemical Companies for Corporate Espionage

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: brent@gp.org
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Greenpeace Sues Chemical Companies for Corporate Espionage
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:14:01 -0500

Dear Permies:

Democracy Now interview with Charlie Cray, senior researcher with
Greenpeace USA and director of the Center for Corporate Policy in
Washington, D.C. on Dec. 3

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/12/3/greenpeace_sues_chemical_companies_for_corporate

Charlie worked out of the Chicago Office of Greenpeace back when I worked
out of the Seattle office.

When I was being targeted in late 2007 early 2008 it was Charlie that I
went to for help. Later we teamed up with journalist James Ridgeway and
Stewart Lawrence, a former researcher for NPR. Eventually Charlie went to
Greenpeace with this work and is now the Senior Researcher for Greenpeace.
This lawsuit is of great personal satisfaction to me. But it is barely the
tip of the iceberg.

Corporate espionage has easily expanded ten fold in the US from the time
period that this lawsuit is relevant to.

The big question is to what degree is Corporate and Government espionage
now one and the same.

I had the opportunity to meet and talk with both Charlie and Stewart
yesterday in separate meetings. There is a lot more work to do.

We have got to continue to build pressure on and bring light to these
activities.

In service:

Brent McMillan, Steward of Woodhaven
Avilla, IN USA

  • [permaculture] Greenpeace Sues Chemical Companies for Corporate Espionage, brent, 12/06/2010