permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Guatemala in January

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: christopher nesbitt <christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Guatemala in January
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:54:23 -0600

Hi Dan,

Maya Mountain Research Farm is not in Guatemala, we are in Belize. We are in southern Belize, adjacent to Izabel department and the Peten in Guatemala. We are a lowland site, but use a lot of low tech applications that might be useful for you, especially if you are working in the lowlands of Guatemala.

You would be welcome to visit us if you have the time. We have done some photovoltaic powered water pumping projects, and use photovoltaic powered pumps for the water system on the farm.

Let me know if this is of interest to you. We would love to hear about what you are doing in Guatemala.

Best wishes,

Christopher