permaculture - [permaculture] Urban Permaculture Design Course Tampa Bay

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Urban Permaculture Design Course Tampa Bay
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 14:38:58 -0700 (PDT)

Please pass this on to any who may be interested - course fees help us fund
our volunteer work at Pine Ridge, Haiti and elsewhere.

In the spirit of our mission, this course will include a service component;
we will be permablitzing one or more commons areas or non-profit sites during
the course. We're in the midst of permablitzing a rehab center in St Pete's
currently.

The course will start Oct 23/24 and go every other weekend for six weekends,
with lots of apprenticing opportunities in between. Our goal is to create
really competent, knowledgable permaculturists so we offer lots of mentoring
and hands on opportunities. We also provide career mentoring and networking
structure.

Focus will be on urban solutions - retrofitting, neighborhood and city
repair, local economy, CSAs, backyard food forests, etc.

We offer work study, partial scholarships, student rates, etc, so please
inquire if money is an issue.

For more info, email me or see:

http://www.permacultureguild.us/category/courses/tampa-bay-courses/

Cory Brennan