permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 'Balanced' Ecosystems Seen In Organic Ag Better At Controlling Pests

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 'Balanced' Ecosystems Seen In Organic Ag Better At Controlling Pests
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 11:53:34 -0400

On 10/16/2010 4:56 AM, Dieter Brand wrote:
There really is a balance of nature, ...

I used to think that this is just a romantic idea. Yet after more than ten
years on this land, I come more and more
to the conclusion that this is in fact very true and that all our endeavors
will be in vain if we don’t understand
this balance of Nature and find ways of living in harmony with Nature.

Interesting to consider that we evolved within Nature. Nature made it
possible for us to come into being. It seems that
Nature in balance is the essence of Gaia, a manifestation of Gaia, its need to continue and grow with its component parts in coexistence, coevolving. Remember the movie "Quoyaanisquatsi" (sp?), Nature Out of Balance.