permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PDC Curriculum

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PDC Curriculum
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:20:33 -0400

On 10/14/2010 1:17 PM, Andrew Millison wrote:
Hello,
Scott Pittman's update of the handbook is available online here:

http://www.permaculture.org/nm/images/uploads/PDC_cert_book_.pdf

The resource lists in the back focus on drylands, but it is much more
readable than the 1985 version, in my opinion.

I have discussed with other teachers the great list of things we teach that
are not included in the original curriculum: mushroom cultivation, and
Living Machines to name a couple.

What about developing a wishlist and general outline for a state-of-the-art PDC here and in the accompanying blog (comments would be useful in organizing work). All I'd need is a list of people wanting
to post to the blog above and beyond via mirroring of this list - would send them invites preconfiguring them as Authors.

Input could consist of PDC outlines found on the web, various definitions of permaculture and extracts of select threads in this and other lists, blogs and forums.

This is a good candidate for a magnum opus Wiki page.