permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: hands up who has relatives actually serving in a military role in Afghanistan ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Nicholas Roberts, Permaculture.coop" <permaculturecoop@gmail.com>
  • To: pil-pc-oceania-owner@mailman.aboc.net.au, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: hands up who has relatives actually serving in a military role in Afghanistan ?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:11:17 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Roberts, Permaculture.coop <permaculturecoop@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: [permaculture] hands up who has relatives actually serving in a
military role in Afghanistan ?
To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>

well, my prayers are with those brave lads doing their patriotic duty, and I
feel its ours to stop the war and get them home

an interesting movie about a tragic death and its manipulation by the
administration has just been released

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman#Essay_by_Kevin_Tillman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tillman_Story

After Pat’s Birthday
[image: Email this item]
EMAIL<http://www.truthdig.com/report/email/200601019_after_pats_birthday/>
[image: Print this item]
PRINT<http://www.truthdig.com/report/print/200601019_after_pats_birthday/>
[image: Share this item...]
SHARE<http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/>

SHARE<http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.truthdig.com%2Freport%2Fitem%2F200601019_after_pats_birthday%2F&t=Kevin%20Tillman%3A%20After%20Pat%E2%80%99s%20Birthday%20-%20Truthdig&src=sp>
0 <http://www.google.com/buzz/post>
Posted on Oct 19, 2006 [image: Pat and Kevin Tillman] Courtesy of the
Tillman Family

Pat Tillman (left) and his brother Kevin stand in front of a Chinook
helicopter in Saudi Arabia before their tour of duty as Army Rangers in Iraq
in 2003.

By Kevin Tillman <http://www.truthdig.com/kevin_tillman>

*Editor’s note: Kevin Tillman joined the Army with his brother Pat in 2002,
and they served together in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pat was killed in
Afghanistan on April 22, 2004. Kevin, who was discharged in 2005, has
written a powerful, must-read document.*

It is Pat’s birthday on November 6, and elections are the day after. It
gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the
military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we
committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American
people. How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How
fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice… until we got out.

Much has happened since we handed over our voice: