permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Activist Upcoming Theme Water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Activist Upcoming Theme Water
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:12:04 -0700

hi John
this would be great time to get an article from the organizers of the 10th Permaculture Conference and Convergence in Jordan 2011 , the theme is Water

wes roe
Part of the International Support Committee for IPC10

ps to see info on the last IPC9 that happened in Africa in 2009 , go to www.ipcon.org and click on the topics under the Proceedings

Official Opening of IPC9 by Dr. Mary Shawa
IPC9 Speaker Presentations
Official IPC9 Report by Mugove Walter Nyika
VIDEO: Report by Mugove Walter Nyika
Report by Mugove Walter Nyika at KlimaForum09 (YouTube)
IPC9 Blogs
Films shown at IPC9

The theme of the upcoming issue of the Permaculture Activist is Water: quite a broad theme, which we want to narrow slightly to focus on water needs (human consumption, livestock and crop needs, water catchment). We would especially like some articles on water purification, graywater, irrigation, and low-pressure systems, with lots of technical details that will be useful to readers.

Over the last 25 years of implementing various designs in a variety of precipitation zones, designers and permaculturists have learned a lot about water. Therefore, there should be a lot to say. If you've learned something you want to share, consider writing for this issue. Send me an e-mail first with your ideas.

Writers' guidelines are available at http://www.permacultureactivist.net/writersguidelines/writersguidelines.htm

Even though the deadline is Sept. 1, if you have a good idea, I'll work with you to get an article finished in time.

John

John Wages
Guest Editor, The Permaculture Activist

John Wages <jwages@earthlink.net>