permaculture - [permaculture] HERITAGE WHEAT FIELD DAY - BRATTLEBORO, VERMONT SUNDAY JULY 25

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Market Farming <marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] HERITAGE WHEAT FIELD DAY - BRATTLEBORO, VERMONT SUNDAY JULY 25
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:04:49 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:45:15 -0700
From: Elisheva Kaufman <growseed@YAHOO.COM>
<growseed@YAHOO.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Join us for a wheat field day in Brattleboro, VT at the SIT Farm.
They said we couldn't do it, but we did! We're building a local wheat-to-bread
system, variety by variety, field by field.
Help us harvest almost-extinct ancient wheats einkorn and emmer,
delicious Rouge de Bordeaux French heritage wheat and robust Banatka, reknowned
for baking quality in Eastern Europe.
Take home a sheaf of what you select to plant in your own farm or garden.

Schedule
10:00 Select for local adaptability and robust resistances
11:30 Workshop: Restoring Heritage Wheat and Bread Traditions
12:30 Potluck Lunch with tastings of delicious einkorn bread
that is safe for most gluten allergies!

Directions: I-91 Exit 3, South at rotary onto RT 5, take first right onto Black
Mountain Rd, Drive up the windy road. Right at SIT, at the Wheat Festival sign.
Contact: Eli Rogosa: growseed@yahoo.com
See growseed.org for details