permaculture - [permaculture] slowing down: observation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] slowing down: observation
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:00:32 -0700

Great articles, L.
Looking forward to reading them in depth.
They're a perfect fit with me right now.
I'm new in a house with a good size property.
My inspiration has been from a previous reading of One Straw Revolution by Fukuoka.
Getting into the meditative process of working with plants, land, energy, surroundings.
Finding my way slowly. Watching the sunlight, shadows, patterns of vegetation.
Learning to notice the quieter messages that just come, suggesting what is suitable.
Just watching with mainly myself and one partner/cohabitant to share with...
Also, a master gardener/biodynamic gardener friend to email and visit for advice, suggestions, inspiration, and the odd plants or seeds.

This, to me, is a truly healing relationship with my environment.
One small space to do things the way they occur to me, and not to satisfy some external sense of how things should or have always been done.

Frances

Today's Topics:

1. Slowing down: Observation (Lawrence F. London, Jr.)

  • [permaculture] slowing down: observation, fdnokes, 07/20/2010