permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course in Peru

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: alyssa mckim <lyss_live@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture list serve <westernmapermacultureguild@lists.thepine.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course in Peru
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

PermacultureDesign Certificate Course
 In the Sacred Valley of Peru
Forming correct relations with our land practices and spirits
Through Permaculture, Yoga, and Ceremony
                                                                  September
2nd
2010- September 14th 2010
Bilingual: English and Spanish

Come join us in a collaborative cross-cultural exchange, through permaculture
design in the Sacred Valley of Peru near the famous Incan ruins known as
Machu
Picchu. The course will be hosted and held at the community of Ayllu Tawa
Inti
Suyo, a healing center that works with the sacred plant medicines of the
Amazon.
Along with the internationally recognized course work we will explore
permaculture design through the lenses of its spiritual and social
implications.
The goal of the course aligns with the general purpose of Ayllu Tawa Inti
Suyo:
to raise consciousness in understanding the proper relations between humans
and
the natural and spiritual environment, as well as the interconnectedness and
complementarities of all beings.

How we can use permaculture design as an instrument to fulfill this goal? We
will discover the answers together!

LeadInstructor: Andrew Jones
Assisting Instructor: Alyssa McKim

Course Description:
             The course is a 13-day design intensive, which follows the
internationally recognized Permaculture Design Course structure and results
in a
Permaculture Design Certificate.

 The course will be approximately 50% interactive lecture and 50% hands on,
experiential learning. Our landscape will be the high altitude region of
Peru.
 The course will introduce the philosophy, practical principles, and design
methods through various modalities of learning: lectures, group work, field
trips, hands-on design and implementation, group and individual
presentations,
and other activities. The class will engage in a community design process for
the property of Allyu Tawa Inti Suyo. At the end of the course the
participants
will present the design concepts to the community.

Key subject areas covered include:
* Theory and principles of design
* Methods of design
*  Patterns in nature
* Climatic factor strategies for Humid Tropics, Drylands, Humid Cool
to Cold
* Domestic food security and food production: Garden, mini-farm and
farm
design, ecological pest control, orchard and tree crops, forestry and bamboo
plantations, bush foods and forages, rehabilitation of soils and erosion
control, green manures and farmers trees, livestock: forages and management

* Design for catastrophe prevention
*  Drought proofing property
* Earthworks
* Water harvestingand management
*  Windbreaks and bushfire control
* Aquaculture: aquatic plants and fisheries
*  Energy efficient housing: site selection, appropriate technology,
recycling
and waste management

*  Whole systems design for human settlements
*  Alternative economic structures
* Community design process
* All of the above subject areas will be approached with intention to
integrate
permaculture design as an instrument to serve globally in loving
consciousness
toward a common goal.

Registration and Fees
Sliding fee Scale $1800-$2000. Those who pay on the higher end of the scale
will
be helping local people participate in the course.
Includes: Three vegetarian meals a day, accommodation, pick up and
transportation to and from the Cusco airport, entry fee to Pisac ruins,
permaculture course work, sauna, and an offering ceremony.

$100 nonrefundable registration fee.
$150 off if registered in full by August 1st.
$200 off for students (other discounts do not apply)
Deposit of $1000 will hold a space in the course.
Full payment is due by August 16th.

For more information contact:
Alyssa McKim: lyss_live@yahoo.com or http://permacultureinperu.wordpress.com/

>From venaurafarm@bellsouth.net Tue Jul 20 03:54:16 2010
t79612455; bh=xZLigt1XYZ6JagcE3GPdReBRu0gdFZoiTYouOZ4ZlA4=;

h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b?ZAwX98DmOOAssIiRFtGykSA5odVmEKrCHeSDaXYStCNsFxnTO2x1QbNpGfjTbNh9dIZ05PtSpc7VZiyh3e6NTf13ZoH0G1gIN7wgXtxq1kjBc+UuwFrOHk9YsHiw1VWrtqdnsX/zr3M/bOTexCd3u921WJUZ8IYBGzZ7uCpYAReceived:
from [192.168.1.67] (venaurafarm@65.5.197.216 with plain)
by smtp102.sbc.mail.re3.yahoo.com with SMTP;
20 Jul 2010 00:54:14 -0700 PDT