permaculture - [permaculture] IPC 9 and 10

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] IPC 9 and 10
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:00:46 -0600

Hi Wes,

I have heard some very disturbing news about the convergence in Africa and
am writing you for clarification. Basically it is being reported that Geoff
Lawton and Ali Sharif bullied people into dropping Cuba (as we had agreed on
in Brazil) in favor of Jordan.

I am very disturbed about this treatment by our international body toward
Cuba. To my mind they have far more to offer IPC10 than does Jordan, which
as far as I can tell has one project done by Geoff Lawton to demonstrate. I
am not interested in participating in his aggrandizement, particularly to
the detriment of Cuba.

I would appreciate your take on what took place and the email addresses of
anyone who participated in the selection so I can also solicit their views.

Thanks,

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute