permaculture - Re: [permaculture] What weeds or cover crops are high in nitrogen, i.e. suitable for harvesting to make High N liquid fertilizer?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] What weeds or cover crops are high in nitrogen, i.e. suitable for harvesting to make High N liquid fertilizer?
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 18:13:07 -0700 (PDT)

The clovers are nitrogen fixers but don't forget dynamic accumulators. Get
great results with comfrey tea, and nettle and lambsquarters, etc. Many weeds
are dynamic accumulators of nutrients which only makes sense in a pioneer
species.

--- On Thu, 5/27/10, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>