permaculture - Re: [permaculture] when to pick a pomegranate

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "kerrick ." <kereth@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] when to pick a pomegranate
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 21:57:17 -0800

I find them to be pretty ready when they stop being perfectly round
and start having "corners"--I think that means they're getting ready
to split. But it probably depends on the variety. It's ripe when the
seedflesh inside swells up to its maximum juiciness, and apparently
when it does that it makes the skin bulge out so that it looks kind of
hexagonal.

Kerrick

kerrplunk.org