permaculture - Re: [permaculture] when to pick a pomegranate

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: A Sampson-Kelly <april@permaculturevisions.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] when to pick a pomegranate
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 21:38:34 -0800

At 10:05 AM +1100 3/13/10, A Sampson-Kelly wrote:
Although we have been growing stuff on our site for 15 years now, our
first pomegranate is on the shrub.
when do i pick? it isn't really red, just streaky red and yellow and not
seeming to change for a couple of weeks now.
it is the size of two fists and not getting bigger either.
--

Haven't grown them, but at the farmers' market, the ripest ones start to split a little. If it's rainy, I assume you have to pick them before they start splitting so they don't get moldy.