permaculture - Re: [permaculture] steady state work music: any suggestions?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kris Kaul <kriskaul@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] steady state work music: any suggestions?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:41:42 -0800 (PST)

This is a fun question, and maybe relates to permaculture in ways we haven't
fully articulated.  Listening to the natural world comes first as mentioned
in another email, and it sounds like there will be plenty of opportunities
for that.  Creating (and experiencing) patterns and rhythm is a natural human
need, too.  That said, I guess I'd lean toward hearing the diversity of human
music and simple, rhythmic (repetitive? in a good way) music.  This would
mean a different direction for each person; for me, it would be music like
Amadou & Mariam, Ismael Lo, and blues/guitar artists like John Fahey, Junior
Kimbrough, and the Black Keys, and millions of others I haven't discovered
yet.  Maybe when you create your playlist you could share it with the rest of
us :)

Kris
Ann Arbor, MI

--- On Tue, 1/26/10, permaculture-request@lists.ibiblio.org