permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Citrus and cold

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kevin Topek <ktopek@att.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Citrus and cold
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:38:59 -0600

Lawrence,

The Kumquats are naturally short. I do not usually plant dwarfing varieties. You can probably grow most citrus in a greenhouse as long as you keep it pruned away from the roof and it gets sufficient air flow in the summer. I am currently trying out some new lemon varieties. We'll see if they made it after this bout of cold recedes.

Kevin Topek