permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Greetings (attempt #7)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Armed With A Mind Armed With A Mind <armedwithamind@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Greetings (attempt #7)
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:09:56 +0000

Hi Keith, thanks for the links, and for reminding me about Ian Graham. I've
been meaning to contact him after seeing that youtube video a few weeks ago.
I've been sifting through the over 3000 videos on youtube that come up under
a 'permaculture' search. I'd also heard of this fellow from Orangeville but
until now didn't have a contact. I plan to go on an Ontario farm tour this
spring before the gardens become too demanding, and both of those places are
on my wishlist. I'll look into those other contacts you sent me as well.

I've been to the permaculture canada website several times, especially on the
old version that had the forum. Do you know if the permaculture canada
website is still active? It hasn't been updated since the end of june. I
assume thats because those who run the site are too busy but just wanted to
check incase you had some inside info.

Would you be able to recommend an optimal spacing between each balsam poplar
if the plan is to chop for mulch and firewood, and do you know how far away
from other hardwoods they should be, say oaks or sugar maples?

Did you figure out why your emails weren't sending to the list or was it
blind luck that it finally got through? I hope this is not a recurring
problem for you.

Travis