permaculture - Re: [permaculture] (off-list) semi-capitulation on national pc conference

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Udan Farm <udanfarm@yahoo.com>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] (off-list) semi-capitulation on national pc conference
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:12:52 -0800 (PST)

Sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to this topic.
I was thinking along the same lines as what Michael said:
"I suggest that each 2010 regional pc gathering have a short discussion about
a national gathering. Does any region want to host a national event at some
point in the future? Who would like to go? Perhaps there could be a think
tank of one person each from the various regions. I will bring it up at the
Washington State Permaculture Convergence next Sept."....
I think that if we had a North American Permaculture CONGRESS  with one to
two delegates from each of 11 regions of the US, that a lot could be
discussed without hundreds of people hopping on airplanes, and without a lot
of "eco-tourists" showing up to dilute the work that needs to be done.. Nice
thing about this is it could be hosted at someone's farm, rather than get
pricey and end up at a conference center or ??
Since I do graphics, I made a
map...http://www.georgiapermaculture.com/NationalCongressMap.html
So, 2011? Find a region that is willing to host a delegation of about 22
people?  Talk to our regional gatherings about this?  Maybe every OTHER year
would be good. I plan to bring it to our gathering and discuss. I also plan
to talk to folks about anyone interested in working on the wikis, and other
web/computer/diploma things that need doing if we are to keep some national
cohesion into the future...
thoughts?

'dohi' (peace)Isabel