permaculture - [permaculture] Community Training in Ecological Design, Ithaca NY Feb-May 09

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael@fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: "Permaculture List" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Community Training in Ecological Design, Ithaca NY Feb-May 09
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:31:19 -0500

COMMUNITY TRAINING
IN
ECOLOGICAL DESIGN

Thursday evenings
6:30–9:00 p.m.
Feb. 18th through
May 6th, 2010

presented by
Southside Community Center
with the
Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute

Design to meet the needs of your family and neighbors.

Learn to garden, preserve food, compost, capture rainwater and prune trees.
Rethink how to bring abundance and health to your neighborhood, home and work.

Mobilize our community to increase food access and development of green jobs.

We will meet once a week throughout the winter to discover the principles and
techniques of permaculture and ecology that help us become better involved in
the future of our land and people.

Class work will include a self-selected design project; you can design your
backyard, garden space, or an entire neighborhood. Examples and applications
will be given in both an urban and rural context. Class will be a balance of
lecture and hands-on learning. We will also complete a group design and
implementation to extend our learning for the benefit of the community.

Instructors include Steve Gabriel, Michael Burns, Karryn Olson-Ramanujan, Josh
Dolan, and special guests.

Tuition: $200 - $400
(based on what you can afford)
Full scholarships available
607.227.0316
Visit FingerLakesPermaculture.org
for information and registration.

NOTE: This is not a Permaculture Design Certification course. However, your
tuition to this series of classes can be applied to our summer PDC course.

Earn your permaculture design certificate.
The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
offers affordable local classes.
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org

  • [permaculture] Community Training in Ecological Design, Ithaca NY Feb-May 09, Michael Burns, 12/18/2009