permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Deston, forest gardens, Peru, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LINDARAY@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Deston, forest gardens, Peru, etc.
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:56:44 +0000

Wow. What a breath of fresh air :-).

Thanks for posting, Deston :-).

Got any pix of your forest garden or barn/cottage (if you wouldn't mind
posting them)?

It would be great to see what a deliberately-functioning forest garden looks
like and simultaneously get a narration on it from its co-creator.

I was blessed to spend some time in Peru years ago, and one of the things
which I found very fascinating in Cuzco was the number of city households who
raised chickens on their balconies, or had hugely dense container gardens on
their balconies. One lady had a tame pet deer living in her house with her
right in the middle of town (a housedeer, lol).

In the rural hillside areas around Cuzco (where I hiked all over the place),
almost everywhere you looked in the woods, someone had planted a vegetable
plant of some kind which was sitting there and producing in an often-shallow
bowl depression, or a crevice in the rocks where some soil had collected. It
was fascinating and very, very cool.

Thanks again for posting :-).

Namaste,

Linda :-)
PS: Larry, I hope you will install that other software- I'm looking forward
to it. The machinist forum model is very cool.
-------------- Original message from deston denniston
<abundancepc@gmail.com>: --------------