permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Common Circle course info?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Common Circle course info?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 05:38:44 -0500

Michael Pilarski wrote:
Regarding the Common Circle Education permaculture design course offered at
their Berkely, Calif new headquarters. mar 20 – apr 4?
I just checked out their website and the pdc course info and cannot find any mention of who the teachers are for their $2200 pdc in Berkeley, CA. No food or lodging included. nor can I find an email or phone # on their site to contact Common Circle to ask. Does anyone else in the network know them and be willing to offer some information. ?
Their website mentions a 2009 pdc out of eugene, Oregon which involved
touring Lost Valley Center, Dharmalaya Center for Human Development, Maitreya
Ecovillage, MattCyn Farms and Sunbow Farm.
just curious

Sounds like "another one", a very expensive white shoes coastline bus tour. Time to summon the official resident P.I. PC junkyard dog to check them out and write a letter. This is ridiculous and the very thing that should not happen; promoters making huge bucks off "permaculture" tourism without having any of the required credentials. This type of thing could take root and really have a negative effect on the public view of the permaculture movement. Mitch's experience is testament to this.