permaculture - Re: [permaculture] East Bay Rules!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] East Bay Rules!
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:01:21 -0800

Just for the record, the course I witnessed in Costa Rica was done with a variety of local people as a talent base to round out the offerings.
I did pick up a certain thread bareness in certain areas of knowledge and awareness*, but there was also a great deal of sincerity and certainly none of the white shoe crowd.
I was fortunate in Costa Rica to find a place to be that was very genuine and long lived.
We also met people who were buying up land in order to sell and profit, but that's another story. No, not really, we did not give it our focus in the least!

Cheers,
Frances

*This all points to the idea that there is lots of call for truly experienced, trained, knowledgeable, and devoted permaculturists!

I class these folks with the creeps in
Costa Rica offering a PD course without any credentials or proper
background in the field. I noticed on the Costa Rica organization's
website a big section on Costa Rica and all important policies and laws
governing land purchase for absentee landowners and all the lucrative
opportunities available, no doubt, to their PD course clients,
some well-intentioned anticipating a real course in the practice of
permaculture. Those folks are real estate industry people from the US.