permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Not soy good for you - info. sources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Not soy good for you - info. sources
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 20:15:03 -0500

SArjuna@aol.com wrote:
Stephan Brennan asked for the sources of the info. I shared about soy. (Back on 11/10. I'm way behind on e-mail.)

As I said in what I wrote, the information is from Sally Fallon, Mary Enig and Susan Weed. I didn't keep specific resource info. But if you Google those names + soy I'm sure you'll find lots of good reading.

I Xposted an article 2-3 weeks ago from Boing-Boing by Lisa Katayama about good and bad soy. Good=unprocessed/made in to traditional Asian foods (tamari/natto/tempeh/tofu/miso), processed=soy doodles/soy hotdogs/various meat replacement foods soy protein powder/etc.
(some in this category deserve further research, i.e. many products found in credible natural foods stores).