permaculture - [permaculture] Info Seeking for Guadua angustifola Kunth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Thomas Naisbitt <johntnaisbitt@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Info Seeking for Guadua angustifola Kunth
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:11:06 -0700

I am looking for detailed info for Guadua Bamboo - Guadua angustifola Kunth
- especially pertaining to cultivation and beneficial plants / systems. I
can find quite a bit online which indicates the use of fertilizers and
chemical pest control.... but such info does not jive.

We have a farm in Panama near Bocas del Toro, a humid island tropical
environment which runs from 0 meters to 35 meters in elevation. I am about
to obtain a good strain from the Bamboo and Sustainable Ag. Association here
and need to get it into the ground before it is too late to separate the
seedlings. We are about to do ground work next week and I have at least
until after the completion of the groundwork to get my "system" in order.

Any and all positive thoughts and info is welcome.... Spanish is OK too.

John T Naisbitt
Finca Dos Tucanes
Bocas Del Toro, Panama

  • [permaculture] Info Seeking for Guadua angustifola Kunth, John Thomas Naisbitt, 12/08/2009