permaculture - Re: [permaculture] regional pc gathering list

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] regional pc gathering list
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:14:48 -0800

AFAIK (Keith J would know better) the Permaculture Activist archives exist in hard copy only, except for a collection of Pagemaker files (good luck with that ancient app!), many of which may exist only on floppy disc (good luck again) unless Peter or Keith has been diligent in converting them. I think it would be a time-consuming project to assemble, collate, and type in all that diversely distributed data, and am not sure that the result, a list of meetings, would be worth the "day or two" spent. What could be done with it? (I'm open to ideas, for sure)

A national meeting would be tons of fun to go to, but I think it would need to have a real goal to make the investment worthwhile. What would the aim and result be?

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com

Michael Pilarski wrote:
Hello Tripp,

Well, thank you so much for offering to do this assignment. I am sure that the Permaculture Activist will want to publish the resultant lists. Perhaps something along the lines of where each one was held each year if there is a long string of annual events. For instance their have been 6 Northeastern North American Convergence, in a row now. 15 Southeastern Permaculture Gathering, and 2 Washington State Permaculture Convergence and 10 Pacific Northwest Permaculture Gatherings in Oregon. etc. Do you have a set of all the back issues? I would estimate I have about 2/3 of the whole set and especially the early years.
maybe we can divide parts up if you want. let me know what you think and time frame.
Oh, I see you next access to the activist archives. Do you live near
Bloomington Indiana?

Looking forward to further communication.

Michael