permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Overly optimistic permaculture attitude towards land

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Overly optimistic permaculture attitude towards land
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:44:08 -0800

If you watch a calligraphy master make a lifetime's work look
easy, and then get pissed off when your first brushwork is a mess, I
don't think it's fair to blame the master.

These are all great points, and beautifully expressed.
But, I also have a sense from my experience with learning new things and using the internet and list serves as a support, that it takes all kinds, and we are best served by a measure of tolerance, understanding and encouragement to those who are at a different rung on the ladder.
Aren't these types of lists meant to fulfill the needs of mentorship as much as anything else?
When a person strikes out on a path that is different from those that surround them, the internet can provide a great support group. I feel very strongly about the value of this aspect of the internet. It has made all the difference to me, while working my way through a variety of disciplines. In the process I have even made a few life long friends.
If this list is not meant to do that: foster respectful discussion among those with experience while providing support and encouragement to newbies, please point me to the list that is.

Sincerely,
Frances