permaculture - [permaculture] About Google Wave - good collaboration tool

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] About Google Wave - good collaboration tool
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:31:47 -0500

Google Wave
http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Wave
Google Wave is "a personal communication and collaboration tool" announced by Google at the Google I/O conference on May 27, 2009.[1][2] It is a web-based service, computing platform, and communications protocol designed to merge e-mail, instant messaging, wikis, and social networking.[3] It has a strong collaborative and real-time[4] focus supported by extensions that can provide, for example, spelling/grammar checking, automated translation among 40 languages,[2] and numerous other extensions.[4] Initially released only to developers, a "preview release" of Google Wave was extended to nearly 1 million users beginning September 30, 2009, with the initial 100,000 users each allowed to invite from twenty to thirty additional users.

I have Google Wave account and can invite others to join - anyone interested in receiving an invitation? It looks like a worthwhile collaboration tool - maybe useful in creating a new PDM.

LL