permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Leon's Great work! was RE: [Fwd: [pchealth] Lawrence London's Health & Nutrition Firefox Browser Bookmarks]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Leon's Great work! was RE: [Fwd: [pchealth] Lawrence London's Health & Nutrition Firefox Browser Bookmarks]
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:05:32 -0500

ktho@comcast.net wrote:
Leon:
You are the man, Dude! That is a tremendous amount of recovery work and
redesign/reuse. You did that all by yourself? Wow. No wonder you're too busy
to be stealing other people's intellectual property. You're actually
*working*. Whodathunkit?!

Leon lives abou 40 miles from me and has for many years done all my tractor work. This means putting up with me and my fine tuned soil
quality improvement, drainage and bed layout ideas. Its has become a finely tuned system after undergoing many large scale changes. He did excellent work. I plan to take digital photos and videos of the garden
system I have finally in place. Future maintenance will include rototilling weeds and re-hilling/bedding and occasional Yeomans plowing.
This is quite an elaborate and effective system and Leon was able to make maximum use of my equipment. He started an Arts Incubator in a nearby town needing urban and downtown revitalization, a major success.

No slight intended to Starhawk and her work. Anything anyone can do these days to encourage more to embrace permaculture is worth recognition.