permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Nicaragua PDC!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Nicaragua PDC!
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:55:54 -0800

Hi, Susan.

Chris Shanks is a pretty good teacher, very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about plants, especially tropical ones. He's very good on hands-on, so I imagine there will be plenty of that. I taught with him in the Bahamas once. I don't know about the other teachers, but the site is decent though rustic from what I have seen in Chris's photos, seems to look comfortable enough. The course has been running for a number of years so I'm sure they have to bugs shaken out of it. It's in both spanish and english, I believe, so it would be good for your language skills. It will have a very heavy plant focus.

All is well here; just home from 3 days in a friend's ocean cabin. Hope to see you soon!

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com

Susan Lipsky wrote:
Hey Toby - The PDC below looks interesting - do you know anything about the site and/or
the instructors?
I signed up for a permie teacher training scheduled for the end of this
month at Esalen, thanks to your recommendation. The enrollment number is low
right now so I'm not sure it's going to happen. Fingers crossed.
Hope you're well and wonderful - Susan