permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Harold Waldock comments on land

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Harold Waldock comments on land
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:03:24 -0400

Marjory wrote:

A while back there was a movement by the Liberatarian party to have at least 5,000 of them all move to the same state. They spent years deciding which state it should be - and they had some incredable comparative databases with info on all fifty states. Comparisons of gun laws, homeschooling, raw milk, federal tax dollars recived versus paid, land area, et.c, et.c. If the state had a small enough population, then the group of 5,000 of them getting politically active could control the state Gov't. Having a non-US border was an issue as they hope someday to withdraw from the Union. I believe they chose NH.

New Hampshire. The Free State Project. http://www.freestateproject.org/
"What the Free State Project is... The Free State Project is an effort to recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else."