permaculture - [permaculture] FW: how to acquire land

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Redding, Trudie A" <tredding@mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] FW: how to acquire land
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:36:25 -0500

Excellent comments. I asked the realtor in San Saba TX why there were so many
churches in town with such a small pop and he said, well they don't have
anything to do so they go to one church service and then to another church
for a second church service, between that and football, the red state is
nothing like the blue state area I live in in Austin, but regionally near San
Saba there are some havens I gravitate toward, Lampasas and of course
Goldthwaite.
In hindsight I could have bought some blackland to grow pecan trees, but it
floods so much in Texas, when it does rain that I wanted something on top of
a hill! And the idea is to dig into it to build a residence using the hill to
advantage. Not done however, but nice to dream, as you said, some of us are
city folk. Meanwhile, the land is healing, I hope.
Trudie Redding
Electrical and Computer Engg
ENS 103 C0803
512-471-8044