permaculture - Re: [permaculture] the lessor of evils: fast food

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] the lessor of evils: fast food
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:14:33 -0700

The important thing is the scale. And if we want to talk more about
the scale, I would be tickled pink to do so! Most of the folks I have
talked with about it in the past are weary of hearing about it! :)

There are three things I think of in the scale.

1) It is an inverse logarithmic scale. There are ten times more
people at level 5 than at level 6. There are 100 times more people at
level 4 than level 6.

2) The scale does not stop at 10.

3) Somebody at level 8 might get pigeon-holed at 8 for a whole
different set of reasons than somebody else at level 8.

There are two people I am aware of that I currently think of as level
11. And I think their lifestyle strikes me as slightly crazy.
Neither of them have written any books. One of them does teach PDC's
once in a while.