permaculture - Re: [permaculture] workshop

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dick Pierce <dickpiercedesigns@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] workshop
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:18:44 -0500

Hello, Lisa - I'm sending out notes/invites for our 12-day Permaculture
Design Certificate Course on Marha's Vineyard, MA on Sept 14 - 25, 2009.
This will be our 2nd time and hopefully a repeat of last year's great
experience. The Island makes it easy to teach/comprehend the notion of
conserving limited natural resources; expensive energy makes conservation
and investigation of renewables a must; they have managed to hold on to [and
recently grow] their small/local businesses, and their rural flavor and
small farms; and, they are intensely interested/active in preserving their
heritage and in growing community - all of these and our speakers/site
visits make a great backdrop for a PDC Course.

I don't know if you found or attended the PDC Course last year - but in case
you didn't please consider ours. If you did, congratulations and welcome to
PC Design - and, assuming that you talk about it all the time like we all
do, please pass the word about the Course to any/all you know who might be
interested. Thanks for your help. Good luck with your Permaculture projects.

Dick Pierce

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Lisa Winter <jlwinter@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> I'm looking for a certification class that would be in
> the united states in September. I've been wanting to
> take a class for a couple of years and think i finally
> have the money to take one.
>
> Cost is unfortunately an issue. also, i'd like to
> have the workshop touch on forest gardening, perhaps
> foraging, and other issues that promotes being
> self-sustaining.
>
> Please, feel free to respond off the list if you'd
> prefer.
> thanks,
> Lisa
> Google command to search archives:

DickPierceDesigns@gmail.com
SE-NE (summer) & Austin, TX (winter) cell- 512-992-8858

Please check out www.permie.us
Sept 14-25 -12-day PC Design -MV-MA
Sept 26- Nov -10-day PDC Design
Course, Austin TX - w'ends

-Dick's PC-Bio. on www.permie.us
-You Tube Dick Pierce for video clips

  • Re: [permaculture] workshop, Dick Pierce, 07/16/2009