permaculture - [permaculture] black to the land/movement of jah people

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Food Forests <foodforests@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] black to the land/movement of jah people
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

"There's a Ghanaian proverb that says Sankofa. Sankofa means return to your
past so you can move forward. Even if you look at coming over here during our
enslavement, we were brought here to cultivate the land because that's
something we did on the continent. So really, that's what many of the people
are doing now," he said.

Myers believes urban farming is a way for many African-Americans to reconnect
with their past.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/06/29/bia.urban.farming/index.html

  • [permaculture] black to the land/movement of jah people, Food Forests, 06/29/2009