permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sharon Astyk: "Permaculture Future?: Part I"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sharon Astyk: "Permaculture Future?: Part I"
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:44:05 -0500

One of the issues Sharon raises in the article is how permaculture would/will fare in a situation where rapid catastrophic changes come upon us, whether it be through climactic change, war, revolution, fascist governments, resource exhaustion, etc.

For those interested in applying permaculture concepts and strategies to such questions. . . Oklahoma City Mutual Aid is a nascent planning process that is working on a contingency plan in case things go from bad to worse a lot faster than we otherwise hope. http://www.energyconservationinfo.org/okcmutual.htm has my speaker's notes from a presentation last year here in OKC, the brainstorming charts we produced about challenges/resources/solutions of such a situation, and printable flyers that can be freely downloaded, reproduced, and stored for use during emergencies.

These resources are site-specific to central Oklahoma, but could be adapted for use anywhere.

Robert Waldrop, Oklahoma City
www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Parkinson" <parkidavid@gmail.com>