permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and training courses?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Angela Manno <amanno@angelamanno.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and training courses?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:32:57 -0400

Are you familiar with the magazine “Permaculture Activist”? I'd be interested to get your impressions. It has a very good reputation.
On Jun 24, 2009, at 4:37 AM, Bela Beke wrote:

I agree with you Suraj.
Don't know what the solution may be.Be interesting to see who else will
reply ,and what comments are going to be made
How do you think 'experts' be able to help spread the knowledge?What
would you like to see change?
Regards,Bela Beke

Suraj Kumar wrote:
I get the feeling that the permaculture movement has morphed into a
market place to sell books, DVDs and training courses related to
permaculture than a platform for sharing techniques and allowing
humans to live closer to nature in a simpler way. Many a material I
find on the internet are incomplete and keep referring to "Stuff to
Buy" or "Courses to Take". Just search for permaculture on youtube and
that's what you find. Any site claiming to be a "permaculture" site
talks about doing a course.

Or am I mistaken? I'd love to be corrected if I'm mistaken.

I remember some noble soul here who had setup permaculture.info - that
is great! WTG! But, why do the 'experts' end up locking themselves
into seclusion and not share their knowledge?

Cheers,

-Suraj