permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Lincoln quote?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jocelyn Campbell <jocecampbell@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Lincoln quote?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:00:39 -0700

A google search brought up this blog,
http://agrariana.blogspot.com/2009/02/abraham-lincoln-on-community-food.html,
which quotes Lincoln as saying:
"...the most valuable of all arts, will be the art of deriving a comfortable
subsistence from the smallest area of soil."
All the context and the source are listed at the blog.

Your inquiry brought to mind these two quotes from another president at
www.eattheview.org:
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens." --Thomas
Jefferson
"No occupation is so delightful to me as the earth, and no culture
comparable to that of the garden." --Thomas Jefferson

Good luck with your presentation!

Jocelyn Campbell

--
Eco Events | QuickBooks | Accounting
www.jocelynsevents.com | www.jocelyncampbell.com

~~please think twice before printing this or any e-mail~~