permaculture - Re: [permaculture] how many acres per human?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] how many acres per human?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:53:24 -0500

I was an anthro major and I know how tough this is to calculate. It is
dependent on so many variables of the technology available to people to
exploit their landscape, the carrying capacity of different landscapes and on
and on.? Pure hunter gatherers like the Inuit would have had totally
different land (and iceshelf) needs from horticulture people like the Chumash
in Southern California, or the inhabitants of a rain forest.

Larry