permaculture - Re: [permaculture] yellow jackets

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Nancy Frank <oppty@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] yellow jackets
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:25:11 -0500

How interesting! I never would have thought about that, even though I subscribed to the Insects As Food newsletter for several years.

Nancy

On Oct 18, 2008, at 10:16 AM, Marjory wrote:

Yellow jackets are very friendly if you don't intend to hurt them. I've
had a big nest over my door for a long time.

They are also delicious. Catch them in a jar and dump them into boiling
water to kill quickly. The stingers dissolve and you can munch on them
directly.

Marjory