permaculture - [permaculture] Teaching Permaculture Creatively! A 9-Day Teacher Training

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "ethan roland" <eroland@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Teaching Permaculture Creatively! A 9-Day Teacher Training
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:22:31 -0400

Howdy All!

I'll be co-facilitating this event along with some seriously awesome
permaculture teachers and designers from across the Northeast -- there is a
strong teaching community building here, and we'd love to keep it growing.
Get in touch for more info or with any questions.

Please forward widely!

*Teaching Permaculture Creatively:*
A NINE-DAY TEACHER TRAINING
February 27– March 8, 2009
Camp Epworth, High Falls, NY
Cost: Sliding scale $1,100 - $1,500; commuters pay less; some scholarships
may be available.

Given that events make the best teachers, it follows that our role as
educators is to design learning events. In this course, we will explore how
to create events that teach permaculture, applying ecological principles and
processes to the design of permaculture workshops, courses, and other
experiences. Learn how to create effective learning environments based on
quick assessments of students and their learning modalities, eight
intelligences, and other niche characteristics. Each student in this course
will design and run short classes and exercises, speak in public, plan and
budget for an event, and coteach a one day permaculture workshop at course
end. What do whole learning systems look, feel and sound like? Come find
out! The best way to learn is to do, and to have fun doing it! Join us!
Limited to 25 certified permaculture design course graduates; pre-course
preparation required.

For details, application, and more information as it becomes available,
download the brochure at www.edibleforestgardens.com/events and

*CONTACT* Dave Jacke, 308 Main St., Suite 2C, Greenfield, MA 01301,
603-831-1298, davej@edibleforestgardens.com.

--
Ethan C. Roland
AppleSeed Permaculture

Gaia University
Degrees of Freedom
www.gaiauniversity.org

Permaculture Across Borders: International Regenerative Development
www.permacultureacrossborders.com

Northeastern Permaculture Wiki
www.northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com

" You can count the number of seeds in an apple, but you can't count the
number of apples in a seed" - proverb via Paul Krafel

  • [permaculture] Teaching Permaculture Creatively! A 9-Day Teacher Training, ethan roland, 08/14/2008