permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Plant Database now online

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Plant Database now online
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:41:45 -0400

Peter Suter wrote:

In a previous life (shortly after completing my PDC in 1991) I developed
Plant Professor, a commercial software package containing thousands of
plants.
http://www.adaptablesoftware.com.au

Very nice, Peter.

You might be interested in this permaculture plant resource:
http://www.permaculture.info
and the Community Portal:
http://www.permaculture.info/index.php/PIW:Community_Portal
Members of this list contributed, including Rich Morris who installed the
software, MediaWiki.

I am working on my own permaculture wiki/blog/forums here:
http://ibiblio.org/permaculture/
This uses Wordpress blog as a gateway to Mediawiki and the Wordpress forums.
Not much has been done in a while as the software is not full installed and
configured.

There is a mailing list for this project and permaculture.info here: