permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Sites- Always best to call first

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jody Troupe <jodyt2@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Sites- Always best to call first
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 17:00:18 -0400

Oops - that last message was to Steve, not Kenavo. Sorry, I thought that was a first name. Didn't recognize it as a sign-off.

JodyT

On Jun 8, 2008, at 3:51 PM, steveread wrote:

Hallo JodyT

Which farm was that in France please?

Kenavo,

Steve

Directeur de l 'Université Populaire de Permaculture
Biographie (SteveR) http://permacultureinstitute.pbwiki.com/

2008-06-0821:51:22

Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Sites- Always best to call first
I appreciate seeing everyone's response to my comment about calling
ahead. Not living on a farm, (but being interested in them) didn't
give me the insight into recognizing how much of an interruption
random visits can be. Since we've visited a few places now, we 'get it'.

Its a courtesy thing that isn't really talked about, so it escaped our
awareness until we actually made the mistakes ourselves. And there are
those farms that accept passers-by that help confuse the issue. (i.e.
We just toured a place in France 2 months ago that charged a measly 2
euros for a tour, and they didn't even charge for the tour if you
actually bought some of their produce. We would have happily paid the
extra!)

Seeing everyone's response has hammered the concept home. Thank you!

JodyT

Google command to search archives:

Ixquick protége votre Vie Privée !
Le seul moteur de recherches qui efface vos informations personnelles.

Essayer Ixquick
http://us.ixquick.com/fra/?cat=web&query=