permaculture - [permaculture] Four copies of "Gaia's Garden"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "paul wheaton" <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Four copies of "Gaia's Garden"
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 09:12:22 -0700

Just passing on the info ...

permies.com is giving away four copies of Toby's book "Gaia's Garden".

Here's the blurb:

----

"Gaia's Garden" author Toby Hemenway on permies.com!

Recently, somebody asked a question that was way over my head. I
became obsessed with finding the answer. My search connected me with
my favorite permaculture author, Toby Hemenway!

For those of you that have not read Toby's book "Gaia's Garden", let
me point out that it is not your typical gardening book. Nor is it
your typical permaculture book. Toby has a sharp scientist's mind and
an excellent command of the English language so that he can make
sophisticated things easy to understand. My favorite parts of his
book include plant guilds (plants which help plants which help
plants), and the tables that show the benefits of nearly every useful
plant - inlcuding those that make the best chicken feed!

I can babble on about this book, but the important thing is that Toby
has agreed to participate in our forums for four days, and afterward,
we're going to give away four copies of his excellent book!

It gets even better!

Toby is coming to Seattle to teach permaculture! This is the
official "Permaculture Design Course" in a format I have never seen
before. Most PDCs require 14 consecutive days - something that most
people cannot find the time to do. Toby's course is one weekend per
month for six months - aaaahhhhh, finally, a format for folks that
cannot get away from theid day job and for those that can!

So this is your chance to ask the really, really tough questions about
permaculture, soils and horticulture! But hey, don't be bashful:
I'll be trying to answer the questions I am able, and if I'm wrong
about anything, it will be educational to have Toby there to correct
me!

You can find the forums at http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums

You can find the post with more details about Toby and the next four
days at
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/680_0/permaculture/welcome-toby-hemenway

Have fun!

  • [permaculture] Four copies of "Gaia's Garden", paul wheaton, 05/08/2008