permaculture - [permaculture] squirrel issues

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] squirrel issues
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:08:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again, Golden,

I would recommend putting that yucky plastic netting over it as long as
necessary, as with cherries. It's a pain in the ass, but temporary, and
apricots are so yummy. I doubt hanging shiny aluminum or used cds would
deter a manic squirrel. Cats and dogs can work (depending on the
individual), but there are too many of these in urban areas already. The
harm that cats do to birds and sea otters (through fecal run-off) in coastal
California is well-documented.

Rain