permaculture - [permaculture] Seed Conference Info

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Adrienne Rayna <rocknrayna@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Seed Conference Info
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:09:33 -0800 (PST)

Seed Conference - Lehigh Valley PA

On Saturday, January 26, 2008, the Alliance for Sustainable
Communities-Lehigh Valley is hosting an all-day conference focused on
"Seeds". Open to the public at no charge, it is being held at Morning Star
Center, 1966 Creek Rd, Bethlehem PA.

Opening at 9am, it will begin with a showing of the Future of Food (see
description below) about genetically modified food and the role of Monsanto.
A discussion will follow.

Next, a session on seed saving. This will include how to save seeds, why we
should save seeds, seed savers exchanges, and an exploration of whether we
need to develop a seed bank in the Lehigh Valley.

Lunch will follow and be provided.

After lunch we will break out a variety of seed catalogue! s and share
experiences about which are best. We will introduce a number of uncommon
vegetables that are excellent foods which can be grown in this area.

Finally we will show another DVD on GMOs, updating the first one.

Register by emailing Steve: livingpotentials@yahoo.com

Click here for directions to Morningstar .